Are you a resourceful, high-energy self-starter with strong writing skills? A lifelong learner? And somewhat of a marketing geek, always staying on top of industry trends, particularly in the social media world? If so, we might have just the job for you.
RPR is a fast-growing PR agency. An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for excellence are necessary to succeed in this role. You must have the will to learn and grow as a both PR professional and an agency leader. The growth path for this position includes professional development opportunities to prepare you to manage a team and understand all aspects of agency operations. Don’t be surprised if you’re asked to complete a writing assignment and strategy assessment as part of the interview process.
The Account Manager will play an integral role in telling our clients’ stories through traditional and social media channels.
Here’s the mix of what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Serving as the day-to-day contact for assigned clients
- Media relations (trade, consumer and business media)
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter updates, blogger relations, and more)
- Media research (editorial calendars, speaking opportunities, media/analyst list development)
- Writing (press releases, pitches, bylined articles, and more)
- Event planning and execution (attending client events – travel may be required)
- Working closely with senior management to provide strategic direction and insight related to account activities
- Recommending and executing on media strategies that generate coverage; builds and nurtures strong relationships with media contacts
- Demonstrating ownership to train and mentor junior team members and new hires
- Participating in new business activity, playing a significant role in providing research, media playbooks, creative ideas and competently presenting in new business meetings
- Acting as a brand ambassador for RPR, actively participating in networking opportunities to raise the agency’s visibility in the Nashville area
- Cleaning out the refrigerator (we all take turns!)
Along with creativity, drive and self-motivation, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant business experience
- 2-4 years of post-college PR agency experience working with consumer, professional services and b2b tech clients
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Enthusiasm for our clients and our work
- Client-focused – Anticipate their needs and continually come up with ways to drive their business forward
- Ability to work with multiple clients simultaneously
- Fast learner with an inquisitive mind and eye for detail
- Agency experience required
Why you’ll want to work for us:
- We like to have fun! Team yoga classes, account service team lunches and happy hours are among the activities we enjoy.
- We work hard and get the job done. It’s part of our core values and our team spirit. We all jump in to make sure the job is done well.
- Our clients are awesome. Whether we’re reopening 40 stores and honoring veterans across the Southeast for O’Charley’s or introducing a wax figure on the Grand Ole Opry stage for Madame Tussauds, we have some amazing clients who let us take risks and create great campaigns for them.
- We’re all about giving back. So much of our work is cause marketing so we decided to walk the talk. Through our Be The Good Program, we take a portion of our revenue to send people throughout the world for mission and volunteer trips so they can “Be the Good.”