Do you have experience leading a team in an agency? Are you an excellent writer and presenter? Do you have the ability to quickly understand a client’s goals, anticipate their needs and develop a solution that wows them? Can you come up with great ideas AND execute them?
Do you enjoy working with team members to develop their skills and help them grow into independent account managers?
If so, you might be just what we need.
Reed Public Relations is looking for an Account Director. This person is skilled in leading the team to develop and implement PR/communications strategies and tactics (media relations, cause marketing, collateral development, issues management and grassroots programs). They’re also adept at developing/integrating compelling social media and interactive strategies and solutions for our clients. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and is results-oriented. This position serves as the direct supervisor for the account team.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide high-quality client counsel to clients on all aspects of PR/social media program, write and implement client PR plans and/or plans centered on key events and participate in developing key messages and client positioning.
- Build strong client relations at senior levels, identify and troubleshoot issues and challenges as they relate to client satisfaction and overall program success.
- Lead account team members to deliver strategic, creative, thoughtful plans for clients.
- Oversee implementation and measurement of campaigns.
- Cultivate strong relationships with existing clients to retain, renew and grow accounts.
- Demonstrate ownership to train and mentor junior team members and new hires.
- Participate in new business activity, play a significant role in providing research, media playbooks, creative ideas and competently presenting in new business meetings.
Your success will be measured by:
- Client satisfaction and praise
- Team member production and growth
- Measurable results for our clients
Along with creativity, drive and self-motivation, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- 6+ years of post-college PR agency experience working with consumer, professional services and b2b tech clients (agency experience required)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage clients as well as junior staff members
- Ability to conceive and oversee the implementation of overall communication programs as well as targeted product launches, announcements, strategies, message development and corporate positioning
- A demonstrated track record of leading successful, measurable PR and social media programs for multiple clients
- A desire to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, team-oriented environment with the ability to manage multiple clients simultaneously
- A creative and results-oriented approach to all work that is produced
- Strong writing skills with demonstrated experience creating messaging/positioning, press releases, blog posts, byline articles, etc.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant business experience
Why you’ll want to work for us:
- We like to have fun! Team yoga classes, account service team lunches and happy hours are among the activities we enjoy.
- We work hard and get the job done. It’s part of our core values and our team spirit. We all jump in to make sure the job is done well.
- Our clients are awesome. Whether we’re reopening 40 stores and honoring veterans across the Southeast for O’Charley’s or introducing a wax figure on the Grand Ole Opry stage for Madame Tussauds, we have some amazing clients who let us take risks and create great campaigns for them.
- We’re all about giving back. So much of our work is cause marketing so we decided to walk the talk. Through our Be The Good Program, we take a portion of our revenue to send people throughout the world for mission and volunteer trips so they can “Be the Good.”