Are you a great writer? Do you have stellar social media skills? What about a knack for research?
REED Public Relations is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic account coordinator trainee to join us. Through the training program, you’ll learn the ropes and work on local, regional and national PR accounts. We work with a range of clients, from corporations and non-profits to think tanks and small businesses.
The 90-day program is for college graduates with PR internship experience who are ready to see if full-time agency work is the right fit for them. You’ll get dedicated attention from the account team to learn the responsibilities of an account coordinator and see what it’s like to be a part of the REED team. At the end of the program, if it’s a match, you’ll be hired on as a full-time account coordinator at REED!
The training program is paid and requires a commitment of 40 hours per week. The position is located in our Nashville office, with options to work from home.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Write press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and other content
- Media and Influencer research and building media lists
- Pitch national, regional, trade and local journalists and influencers to interest them in covering their clients’ stories
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Assist with client events and industry conferences
- Draft content for clients’ social media
- Administrative tasks such as shipping packages, making deliveries for client needs, etc.
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns
Some things you will experience in your time with us:
- We like to have fun! Team boat days, cooking contests, account service team lunches and happy hours are among the activities we enjoy. Check out our Instagram if you don’t believe us.
- Our beautiful office! We love being in our open, bright space with tons of natural light and different workspaces. Collaborating in person is our favorite way to work, and we also offer work-from-home flexibility.
- We work hard and get the job done. It’s part of our core values and our team spirit. We all jump in to make sure the job is done well.
- Our clients are awesome. We have some amazing clients who let us take risks and create great campaigns to drive their business forward.
- Copywriting skills: You need to be excellent at AP Style, spelling, grammar and proofreading, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging copy.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, PR is all about people, so you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients and with the media.
- Flexible and detail-oriented: You will often be working to tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients, so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality.
- Responsible: Demonstrates a high level of personal responsibility. Gets the work done without having to be checked up on. Strives for excellence, innovation and professionalism.
- Disciplined. Comes to work on time and stays focused on achieving results.
- Previous intern experience
- Able to multi-task and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with social media
If interested, please apply online here.