Are you a resourceful, high-energy self-starter with strong writing skills? A lifelong learner? And somewhat of a marketing geek, always staying on top of industry trends, particularly in digital? If so, we might have just the job for you.
This position is for someone with at least four-five years of post-college PR experience.
REED is a fast-growing PR agency. An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for excellence are necessary to succeed in this role. You must have the will to learn and grow as both a PR professional and an agency leader. The growth path for this position includes professional development opportunities to manage a team and understand all aspects of agency operations. Don’t be surprised if you’re asked to complete a writing assignment and strategy assessment as part of the interview process.
The senior account manager will play an integral role in telling our clients’ stories through traditional and digital channels. The position is based in Nashville with hybrid work options.
Here’s the mix of what you’ll be doing:
- Serving as the day-to-day contact and strategy lead for assigned clients
- Leading and managing a team
- Media relations (trade, consumer and business media)
- Social media content creation and management
- Media research (editorial calendars, speaking opportunities, media/analyst list development)
- Writing (press releases, pitches, bylined articles and more)
- Event planning and execution (attending client events – travel may be required)
- Working closely with senior leadership to provide strategic direction and insight related to account activities
- Recommending and executing communications strategies that support client goals
- Acting as a brand ambassador for REED, actively participating in networking opportunities to raise the agency’s visibility in the Nashville area
- Oversee REED’s marketing efforts promoting our company, including social media, newsletters, website management and awards
Along with creativity, drive and self-motivation, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant business experience
- Experience at a communications agency is preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Enthusiasm for our clients and our work
- Client-focused with a proactive approach
- Ability to work with multiple clients simultaneously
- Fast learner with an inquisitive mind and eye for detail
Why you’ll want to work for us:
- Our benefits are unmatched.
- *New perk alert* WORK AWAY PROGRAM: After one year, employees can pick a place anywhere in the world and work remote for up to one month. REED provides a stipend to cover expenses, and the only caveat is you have to work on CST hours! We believe in the importance of experiencing the world to do our jobs well, and after years of having to stay home, we know our team deserves to go adventure!
- We like to have fun! Team boat days, cooking contests, account service team lunches and happy hours are among the activities we enjoy.
- Our beautiful office! We love being in our open, bright space with tons of natural light and different workspaces. Collaborating in person is our favorite way to work, and we also offer work-from-home flexibility.
- We work hard and get the job done. It’s part of our core values and our team spirit. We all jump in to make sure the job is done well.
- Our clients are awesome. We have some amazing clients who let us take risks and create great campaigns to drive their business forward.
- We’re all about giving back. So much of our work is cause marketing so we decided to walk the talk. Through our Be The Good Program, we take a portion of our revenue to send people throughout the world for mission and volunteer trips so they can “Be the Good.”